Thursday 7 February 2013

Feb. 7th 2013

I am yet to start reading the book. I need to pick it up tomorrow. However from what I have read, it's about a regular Ontario family who's mother in that family gives birth to a stillborn baby and loses her mind. It sounds fantastic! I am a huge fan of thriller/mystery material in general. I am going to read a rather large chunk of it tomorrow. Just reading the summary reminds me of the film "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button". Don't ask me why, it just does.

I really hope this book scares me, because I have trouble finding scary books. Even though I have read a few of Stephen King's works, nothing I've ever read has kept me up at night. Hopefully the physiological aspect of this story can mess with my mind and make me think and reflect upon my life, which will keep me up at night.

I hope to learn about life outside of BC, as I hear that it is very different. I have never visited anywhere outside of BC in Canada, so I hope this novel gives me insight on what family life is like on the East side. Perhaps I can apply some of this knowledge to better my relationships with family. For know, I will pick up the book tomorrow and let you guys know how it goes.


4 comments:

  1. I also have yet to read the book, I believe it is time. Do you think this book actually will scare you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I doubt it. I can't really see myself getting scared by a book that's not classified as a horror novel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to read this book. I am not interested in scary part, but I would like to see human's mental struggle in this book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started reading it and I must say that it is quite engaging. I will guarantee that you will indefinitely find it interesting since it foreshadows a great twist at the end. As for it being scary, we'll have to see.

    ReplyDelete