Friday 22 February 2013

WOW!!!!! What an ending!

So I've finally finished reading the book. In all honesty, it wasn't that great. If I were to give it a rating out of 10, it would probably be a 6. Not bad yet not superb. I REALLY liked the ending though. I gave this book a higher rating solely because of the ending. To my surprise, there was a plot twist. I was told there was going to be one, but after reading the first portion of the book, I didn't see one coming. I thought that even if there was one, that it would be bad. Boy, was I wrong! When one of my friends told me about the ending, I was in utter shock. I'm not upset that Daniel told me, because I'm a sucker for a good spoiler. In fact, after I got information from Daniel, I went to David for more information! Although Daniel was upset that the novel was spoiled for him, I was happy. I'm fighting the urge to tell you all about the ending, but I'm sure that not everyone is a big fan of spoilers such as myself. I think the ending is worth all of the mediocrity that I've been put through. The fact that the book was boring and the ending was awesome made it all worthwhile. Not to mention, the shocker was better because I thought the book would stay bland, which it did not. I think that all of the boring stuff that I've put up with became worth it because of the perfect ending.

4 comments:

  1. Although you don't rate the majority of the book as good, the way you describe the ending as being awesome makes me want to read it.
    So, would you recommend that someone read it just for the ending?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really glad that you liked it. To Aaron, yes, the ending is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So a perfect ending doesn't outweigh the fact that you didn't enjoy the previous parts of the book? You're a tough cookie. Looking forward to the action plan on the Inquiry

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Aaron: No it is definitely not worth reading for the ending.
    To Ms. Kwan: The ending doesn't make up for the staleness of the book. Sure, the ending was good, but nothing that blew my socks off.

    ReplyDelete