Friday 15 February 2013

Growing on Me

Yesterday, I said that The Last of the Crazy People was dry, dull, and plain boring. Well I must say that it has grown on me. I'm not certain that I like it yet, but I must admit the story is getting a little more compelling. I just want to see how (and if) the characters develop and what happens to them. I'm still on the fence with this story. I don't know weather I like it or not yet, but I am enjoying the novel much more than I was yesterday. I suppose  I just had to get through the boring beginning. I think as I will read on, I will enjoy reading the book more. However, I don't really see a twist coming at the end like I've been told. I am foreseeing a cliche ending, since this is a novel about family. I have seen enough films about family to know how they all end: They make up and apologize and they all live happily ever after. I'm a sucker for good cliches. Back on topic, nothing major and exciting has happened yet. Hopefully something major will happen soon, hopefully a plot twist (although I don't really see what there is to twist as there's not much of a plot). Still, I am somewhat enjoying reading this. I am learning about how life was in the 60's, which is pretty interesting. I still won't take back about what I've said about the charecters being unlikeable. Good thing the story is keeping me engaged. I am patiently waiting for something major to happen, and when it does, I'll be sure to blog it.

3 comments:

  1. Surely you don't have to like the characters to make the reading good? I mean, Macbeth surely wasn't that likeable was he?

    Looking forward to seeing your group blow me away with your awesome Pecha Kucha. I think you guys have it in you to do something big...

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were some characters I liked in Macbeth such as Banquo and Macduff which made reading that more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete