Wednesday 20 February 2013

Mediocrity at it's most mediocre

I've read quite a bit since my last post. My feelings haven't really changed since then. This book is not bad by any means. On the other hand, this book is not good by any means. It's totally mediocre. Although I finally made a connection, I still have the same problem: NOTHING HAPPENS. I realize that the problem is that the family is disfunctional, but this book pretty much explains how the family lives. All of the events that happen are things that I do and talk about with my family. There's a connection there, but not a big one. I do get some insight on how people from other parts of Canada live, which is great, but this book contains no exciting events. When I finish this book, I will not be able to recall anything exciting happening because there is nothing exciting that happens! I suppose this is one of those books that is about the big picture and not major events. I still can't see anything mind blowing happening at the end. I think it's going to be one of those cliche books with a feel good ending, which I hate. I am curious to see what's going to happen later in the book though.

No comments:

Post a Comment