Wednesday 27 February 2013

Last of the Crazy People Review

As I've previously said, I gave this novel a rating of 6 out of 10 on that scale. Well, after putting some thought into that, I've changed my mind. Words will do better justice rather than giving the novel a rating. I extremely dislike this book. Hate is not a word I throw around a lot, so I'm not going to use that word. Hate is too strong. However, if the novel was any more unexciting and bland than it was, than I would be comfortable saying that I hate this book. This book is simply abysmal. The ending didn't even do it for me, dispute being pretty good. The book basically describes the things that I do on a daily basis, such as go out for walks. I don't want to read about going for walks. If I wanted to walk, I would leave my house and go for a walk. Frankly, I experience the events going on in this book every single day. That's how little happens in the book. Unfortunately, I could not grasp the message or meaning of this book at first. I had to do a little bit of research. This is because most of this book's information went in one ear and out the other. The book didn't have anything interesting going on, so I couldn't soak up any information. Luckily for me, I wasn't missing out on much since this book is mostly about daily family activities in which I experience every day of my life, with some deaths. Overall, this book was no fun to read. I got the wrong impression going into this book, so that's probably why. I don't see myself reading another book by Timothy Findley. This book gave me a really bad representation of what Canadian literature is like. Sure, I've learned some things, but nothing I can necessarily apply to my life. I would not recommend this book to anyone that can read.

1 comment:

  1. So this is the famous rant of yours... Hmmm, I understand the part where nothing happens but I feel that you missed a lot of important parts that made the story good for me. Oh well

    ReplyDelete